Friday, September 16, 2011

It's ALL about HIM

When it comes to my dad, I really become emotional...
A disciplined man. A person worth-emulating. An obedient son. A supportive and loving father.
A man of faith.

These words are obviously not enough to describe my father. But, these characteristics of him were the ones which remained in my heart and mind.        

Self-sacrificing. He sacrificed his happiness, blood, sweat... even his life. Although, I have my own idea of homesickness, still it cannot fathom the true feeling of being alone in the middle of a desert and socializing with different people.

Oh, how I miss him!!! <3

I just realized that, as long as we live in this world "motivated by love and hate" and compromised by money; we are really "conformed to the pattern of this world". Though we know that money is a worldly thing and is "the root of all kinds of evil", we still have to work and earn money in order to survive.

And to those who are with their fathers and are bountifully blessed, be thankful and grateful that you are with them. Treasure every moment with them. Every amount of time counts!

I  could still remember our 'kulitans', 'tawanans', 'asarans', and even 'tampuhans'.
But what I really miss is talking to him about God and going to church with him.
I miss our so-called "ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY".

Each member of the family makes sure that he has done all the things he needs to do during the weekdays and Saturday. Sunday is Lord's day, bonding time for the whole family [movie marathon].

Though he will not be home for Christmas and New Year, I pray that we would see him and talk to him for a long time even just through the webcam. 


No comments:

Post a Comment