Proud to be TUMCSian!
To me, TUMCS is unique - different with any other school. It does not just give individuals quality education but it also trains them to be better individuals and for them to be 'Christ-like'.
On the first day of our classes in the so-called 'Pontifical and Royal Catholic University of the Philippines' - UST, we were asked to introduce ourselves in front and tell the name of our Alma Maters. When it was my turn to say my Alma Mater, I confidently told them that I've come from TAYTAY UNITED METHODIST CHRISTIAN SCHOOL. I am the only student in our block who does not come from any catholic school with the name of a saint or someone who is patronized. Most of my blockmates were from exclusive schools and catholic schools. Well, I am different. I was even more shocked when I saw a 'Welcome Freshmen' poster inside our room which says, "GO WITH THE FLOW". I suddenly remembered the sermon of Ptr. Jordan and our lesson in Values Education... The sermon and the lesson have taught me and my batchmates to GO AGAINST THE FLOW. It has reminded us not to take the easy path when everyone is choosing that path; instead, to dig up our own graves and go for the difficult one.
Honestly, this post is not enough to summarize all the lessons I have learned from my Alma Mater. Still, thanks to her because I HAVE LEARNED A LOT. And, the lessons that I have learned from her has helped me to become an individual who can interact and adapt to any environment where God leads me to.
Great blog!
ReplyDeleteAll the while I thought, you are sharing something 'bout your Dad. :D